One of the strongest ways of being able to achieve this is to choose the right ad campaign for your business. In 2023, Google Ads remains one of the most popular forms of digital advertising available for businesses.
Indeed, statistics from Web FX show that people who click on ads are 50% more likely to make a purchase, so this is very valuable for you as a business to get right. This means you need to understand how many people click on Google sponsored ads in 2023, and what this means for your business moving forward. This will help to inform you as to whether you need to improve your campaigns, or focus closer on more organic business marketing options in the process.
What are Google Sponsored Ads?
Google sponsored ads are the advertisements that are found at the top of Google search pages, and they come ABOVE the actual organic search results. The ads are intended to drive traffic to a particular landing page, and are distinguishable by an ‘Ad’ label that is attached to each. If you are trying to make the right choices for your business marketing, Google sponsored ads are certainly something you need to be considering.
It is important for businesses to understand the importance of Google sponsored ads, as well as the impact of Google itself with regard to digital marketing. According to stats by Oberlo, Google dominates the global search engine market share, handling more than 90% of queries. 63% of people have clicked on a Google ad before, so this is something that you can (and should) look to utilise. Google sponsored ads can be a fast way to traffic, and this is one of the best ways of being able to attract more interest in your business and improve your marketing campaign..
Advantages & Disadvantages of Google Sponsored Ads
As with all marketing options, there are both advantages and disadvantages to using Google sponsored ads. Identifying these can help you position your company better, and make the right choices to suit your brand marketing. So let’s take a look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of Google sponsored ads in a business marketing sense.
- Better exposure – It is important to make sure you get as much exposure as possible, and being at the top of the search results will get you closer to the people who are looking for what you’re trying to sell, focusing on buyer intent when it comes to making more sales.
- Time efficient – One of the best things about Google Ads is that it is a very time-efficient option, and this is because you can get up and running with things very quickly, and start to get your ads approved as instantly as possible.
- You can make it fit your budget – Different businesses have different marketing budgets to work with, and Google ads can be made to fit any size of budget, allowing you to take control of your spending.
- Test & experiment – Being able to test and experiment with your Google ads is one of the benefits, and this makes them a flexible option for a lot of companies looking to diversify their marketing campaigns.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) – Whilst PPC is a popular option, with 79% of marketers claiming PPC is beneficial to their business, it is also something that costs money. This is one of the disadvantages of using Google sponsored ads, and you’ll have to pay whether you achieve a conversion or not.
- Do nothing on their own – One of the main drawbacks to Google sponsored ads is that they don’t really do anything themselves, without the framework in place to attract and inspire people to make the sales you want.
- Tricky to learn – If you don’t have prior PPC training, Google Ads can be rather complicated to learn, and this can prove to be a little overwhelming.
- You’ll need accurate keywords – It’s important to keep in mind that another drawback to Google Ads is that you will need to have accurate keywords and understand keyword intent, or you could well end up wasting a large amount of money.
Gaining an understanding of click-through-rate is really important when it comes to looking for the best ways of achieving this, and you need to make sure you come up with the best ways of being able to achieve this. Click-through-rate (CTR) refers to the number of times your ad is clicked on divided by the number of times it is seen. It is used to keep you informed about the percentage of people who actually click on your ad, and the success of your campaign.
According to a recent study, 46% of clicks go to the top 3 paid ads in a search result, which is why it is so important to rank as high as possible. CTR is an important facet of Google Ads, and one that you need to understand in order to figure out what is needed to generate a successful campaign, and attract more people to your business.
What Can Impact Click-Through-Rate?
Another thing that companies need to keep in mind is what impacts click-through-rates. This is important to gauge because it can help you position yourself more effectively for success, and there are a few important factors to keep in mind that will impact this. The CTR for Google Ads is considerably lower than the CTR for organic ads, and here are some of the key things that will impact CTR of Google Ads:
- Physical position of the ad
- People trust organic results more
- Ads can be annoying (Statista revealed 63% of US internet users have a negative attitude towards ads)
- Google’s optimisations means fewer ads appear at the top
- Ad quality is a big part of this
- Choice of keywords can also have an influence
How Many People Click on Google Sponsored Ads in 2023?
So the big question is how many people actually click on Google sponsored ads in 2023? And the answer may come as a surprise. According to reports, the average CTR for Google Ads paid search ads is between 4-6%, as per Wordstream. It is true that paid ads can still generate clicks and leads, but the number is much lower than people perhaps realise. Fewer than 10% of people actually click on paid ads, with 94% of search traffic going to organic search results.
You need to decide if this is right for your business, or whether you feel that organic search results are a more effective and time-efficient way of being able to sort this process out. Whilst there are benefits to using Google Ads, it is important to be prepared for the fact that this is going to provide low CTR, and you’re going to need to create pretty much the perfect ad in order to secure leads and clicks.
It is important for your business to choose the perfect marketing campaign that is going to lead to greater levels of success. This is something that you need to work on as much as possible, and, in order to do this effectively, it is important to make sure you understand how Google sponsored ads work, as well as what to expect from them. This is something that plays a big role in the process of developing a strong marketing strategy.
Whilst Google sponsored ads can be effective for short-term gains, in the long run, they might not be the right choice for your business. The percentage of people who click on paid ads is very small, and there is no guarantee those who click will become paying customers. Furthermore, the nature of having to pay per click can prove to be expensive for a lot of businesses. So it is important to consider whether or not paid ads are right for you, and consider the benefits of organic search results as well.
Are you ready to place a dynamic marketing agency at the helm of your LinkedIn marketing execution?
At Creative Marketing Ltd, we have all of the resources that any brand could possibly need to stand out for all of the right reasons. If this is something that you would like to find out more about, you can book a free consultation by scheduling a call with Creative Marketing (NW) Ltd on 01706 495091 or contact us here.